TYPE OF INCENTIVE
The Oklahoma Film incentive program is a cash rebate
- One of the highest base rebate percentages in the nation at 35%
- An additional 2% can be obtained by utilizing Oklahoma’s music and recording scene in the production (minimum of $20,000 spend).
- Minimum spend of $50K (at least $25K of which must be local spend).
- There are no caps for how much a single project may obtain in rebates. The program has an annual cap of $5M, distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The rebate is extended to film, television and commercial productions.
5 THINGS TO REMEMBER
- In order to be eligible to receive rebate monies, the production must retain the services of an independent certified public accountant to serve as a third party reviewer.
- The company must provide proof of complete financing prior to commencement of principal photography.
- The following wages are qualified:
– Above-the-line wages paid to Oklahoma residents or an Oklahoma expatriate.
– Above-the-line wages paid to non-residents via a loan-out corporation or LLC registered to do business with the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s Office.
– Below-the-line wages paid through a payroll company to an Oklahoma resident or an Oklahoma expatriate.
- No more than 25% of total qualifying Oklahoma spend can be comprised of aggregate qualifying above-the-line payments.
- The sunset date for the rebate program is currently July 1, 2024.